EPC Services

Square Real Estate Tyrone offer EPC Services

What is an EPC?

An Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) is a guide that would-be buyers or tenants get when they look at a property. It shows how efficiently a home uses energy, the cost of running a home and recommendations of how to improve the energy efficiency of the property.

Domestic EPC's

Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) are needed whenever a property is:

  • Built.
  • Sold.
  • Rented.

You must order an EPS for potential buyers and tenants before you market your property to sell or rent.

An EPC contains:

  • Information about a property's energy use and typical energy costs.
  • Recommendations about how to reduce energy use and save money.

An EPC gives a property an energy efficiency rating from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient) and is valid for 10 years.

Should you require a residential EPC (Domestic), please contact our office to advise a suitable date and time so we can pass on to the Domestic EPC Assessors to carry out the survey.

Commercial EPC's

A Commercial EPC comes with a recommendation report that outlines how the energy performance of the building could be improved.

An EPC assesses buildings by giving a standard energy and carbon emission efficiency grade from 'A' to 'G', where 'A' is the best and with the average to date being D/E. Properties with the best ratings are more attractive to potential tenants and buyers as they are cheaper to run.

A property can be legal to market as soon as an EPC is booked so there is no need to worry about having to wait for the assessment to be completed and the certificate in your hands. As long as you have proof of booking you are bale to market instantly.

The following types of properties are exempt from requiring a Commercial EPC:-

  • Places of Worship.
  • Temporary structures with a planned use less than 2 years.
  • Standalone properties with under 50m2 useable floor space.
  • Properties due for demolition with a demolition order in place.
  • Low energy demand properties e.g. agricultural barns

Should you require a Commercial EPC (Non-domestic) please feel free to contact our office to arrange a suitable time for our Non-Domestic Energy Assessor to carry out the survey.

Get in touch

Please check you have entered all details correctly: